RE: question about driver built-in kernel

From: yiding_wang
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 20:57:15 EST

Thanks Greg!

Got everything straighten up.

1, replaced init_module() by __init init_module to avoid kernel build conflict.
2, arranged correct sequence in Makefile to load two drivers in proper order.

Now it looks the pci bus register accessing has problem. If loaded as module, everything works fine. If build in kernel, it always failed at the spot driver resetting the chip through register during the kernel loading. It seems the pci base address mapping or something related has problem. Is there any difference for ioremap call between the kernel loading and after system is up? Is anything special on pci device register accessing during the kernel booting, compare with after system boot up?

Thanks!

Eddie