AMD 64 system clock speed

From: jstipins
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 20:02:19 EST

Hi there,

My earlier question regarding the glibc "make check" nptl/tst-clock2.c
failure turns out to be due to my system clock running 3x normal speed.

Evidently, this is a known issue with 2.6.x kernels running on AMD 64
processors. The "noapic" boot option fixes the clock problem, but disrupts
other things... ethernet does work, etc. The solution seems to be using
"apci=noirq noapic" as boot options.

I am using the 2.6.14.2 kernel, and still need to use those boot parameters.
What is the current state of this bug?

-Janis