Re: [patch 1/3] Add SCM info to MAINTAINERS

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 14:44:58 EST

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Josh Boyer wrote:

> MTD also has a CVS tree... which begs the question as to whether or
> not CVS trees can be added to the SCM type?

I'd argue against it.

CVS is a piece of crap, and anyody who maintaines stuff in CVS just makes
it harder to ever merge back. That's not just a theory - we've had that
situation happen in real life over the years, which is why I definitely
don't want to see any external CVS trees given any kind of recognition at
all.

Linus