Re: Does Linux has File Stream mapping support...?

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Fri Nov 18 2005 - 14:04:08 EST

Arijit Das wrote:
Ye...I know of tee.

But the issue here is I have a HUGE Compiler (an Simulation tool) in which thousands of places there are "printf" statements to print messages to STDOUT stream. Now, a requirement came up which needs all those messages thrown to STDOUT also to be logged in a LOGFILE (in addition to STDOUT). Yes, this can be done through tee...but the usage model of the compiler doesn't leave that possibility open for me.

So, am looking for a solution inside the Compiler code.

1 - using script allows stdout and file capture, might help

2 - redirect to a fifo, hang tee off the fifo
--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)