2.6.15-rc1-mm1 - immediate system reset at boot

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 23:25:43 EST

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:23:30 EST, Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx said:

> Am chasing another issue - once I got past that, it wouldn't boot at all.
> Grub would act like it was loading, then 2 seconds or so later, grub would
> start up again. My first guess was CONFIG_DEBUG_RODATA=y, but I ruled that
> out. More detail once I've done some more binary searching and ruled out
> self-inflicted idiocy....

Rebuilt from a completely new and clean tree, 2.6.14-mm1 is fine, 2.6.15-rc1
will start booting OK, -rc1-mm1 chokes up almost instantly. It doesn't live
long enough for either/both earlyprintk=vga or initcall_debug to output
anything - grub says "loading", clears the screen, and 2 seconds later the
laptop gives the 'ka-chunk' noise it does on a system reset, and I'm looking at
the BIOS splash screen.

Any obvious places to look, or time to play bisection on the 600 patches
in -mm?