Re: ADI Blackfin patch for kernel 2.6.14

From: Robin Getz
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 00:44:54 EST

Matthieu wrote:
Could I add that ADI chips may be are cheap, but the implementation for that could be ugly.

I don't think this is a fair - this is a common issue with any silicon supplier in recent times. For things like you mentioned - modems - end consumers don't care how ugly the implementation is - as long as it (a) works in their environment (b) is cheap.

Ugly to one person is design tradeoffs to another - you just don't agree with the tradeoffs someone else did. (And you might be right - I don't work on USB modems)

I know there are different teams at Analog device and blackfin guys aren't related to these projects.

Yes that is correct - ADI is a big place, and there are many different groups here. The open source development group is small (but growing), and we all are trying to do the right things - all of our documentation is posted on our web site - or cvs. If you ask a question - ask on our forums - it will get answered.

I hope backfin project will change my vision of ADI ;)

I hope it can as well. If you have any thoughts on how we can interact with people better - let me know.

-Robin