Re: 2.6.14-rt13

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 22:49:17 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
> i have released the 2.6.14-rt13 tree, which can be downloaded from the
> usual place:
>
> http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/
>
> lots of fixes in this release affecting all supported architectures, all
> across the board. Big MIPS update from John Cooper.
>
> Changes since 2.6.14-rt1:
>
> - lots of RCU fixes and updates in signal handling and related areas
> (Paul E. McKenney)
>
> - big RCU torture-test update (Paul E. McKenney)

In case anyone else makes the same mistake I did. If you are using the
same config from a previous build, you may have RCU_TORTURE_TEST=Y (not
module) and not even know it when running RT patches. You will however
definitely notice it if you use the config to build a non RT kernel like
2.6.15-rc1. The previous RT patch defaulted RCU_TORTURE_TEST=y. By the
way, the fact that I didn't even notice that the torture test was
running with the RT kernel is a true measure of how well things have
progressed. :-)

--
kr