Re: Linuv 2.6.15-rc1

From: Zilvinas Valinskas
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 06:59:38 EST

Hello again,

Compiled and installed the latest snapshot. Rebooted and started in
single mode. During boot the following versions are reported :

ipw2200 driver git-1.0.8,
ieee80211 stack git-1.1.7.

The following configuration options (under "kernel hacking" menu) have
been enabled:

CONFIG_DEBUG_KERNEL=y
CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT=14
CONFIG_DETECT_SOFTLOCKUP=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_BUGVERBOSE=y
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y
CONFIG_4KSTACKS=y

Then - I simply ran wpasupplicant (version 0.4.6). Simple sequence:

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ddd -i eth0 -c wpa.conf
<scan / assoc - attempts to authenticate ...>
then Control-C

So far so good. No problem.

Then try again several times :

wpa_supplicant -Dwext -ddd -i eth0 -c wpa.conf
<scan / assoc - attempts to authenticate ...>
then Control-C

Eventually kernel will freeze (I can trigger this reliably, tried 3
times and it "worked" 3 times as well). Although I've seen no error message
printed to console - sysrq-T always shows the same stack trace (in
wpa_supplicant context:

ipw_request_direct_scan
__change_page_attr
poison_obj