Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Mike Christie
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 21:42:49 EST

Olivier Galibert wrote:
On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 06:32:02PM -0600, Mike Christie wrote:

If you have stack problem with iscsi then you should post it to those lists or send me a pointer offlist. There were problems with iscsi and XFS but they should be fixed in mainline. The XFS + iscsi problems that have been reported have not been stack usage problems though.

That hasn't been very efficient last time. In any case, on the latest
version I tried (0.4-408, I can't blow up the backup machine every
other day):

- iscsi-tape is incompatible with tg3 and works with e1000

- iscsi-disk blows after a random time in what seems to be a (irq?)
stack explosion on x86 but not on x86-64 (which iirc has bigger
stacks). Seems to because the serial console blows too and only
writes a handful of characters.

And these only occur with 4k stacks? Do you have the traces still?