Re: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 20:02:35 EST

Giridhar Pemmasani wrote:
Shouldn't I have to prevent scheduler from changing the tasks when executing
Windows code? Otherwise, kernel gets wrong current thread information,
which is based on stack pointer. This is the stumbling block for implementing
private stacks.

As long as preemption is disabled when the driver code is executing I don't see how this would happen.. I don't know much of how ndiswrapper does things but if the driver calls back into your code then you'd just have to change the stack back before doing anything that could schedule.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx