Re: Calibration issues with USB disc present.

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 14:46:39 EST

Greg KH wrote:
completly, if possible. And then complain loudly to the vendor to fix
their BIOS.
But if one is booting from that device...

Booting from a USB device? I can see this happening when installing a
distro, and you boot from the USB cdrom, but not for "normal"
operations.

Just as a point of reference I have a machine here that boots from a USB keystick and runs from an NFS Root. It's a diskless machine that has no net-boot ability. I have used this on a number of machines over recent history.

Brad