prob with 2.6 Makefile

From: Sapna Todwal
Date: Mon Nov 14 2005 - 01:03:46 EST

I have a few doubs with the 2.6 makefile
Suppose I have the following dir structure:
maindir

-------
| |
subdir1 subdir2

Now both of this subdirs have many .c files which are to be compiled and
linked together to make final1.o & final2.o files in the subdirs
subdir1 & subdir2 respectively.

Now i want to link this two files subdir1/final1.o & subdir2/final2.o ,
in the maindir to make file say final.o file in maindir .

So the Makefile in maindir looks like:

obj-m := subdir1/ subdir2/

This will traverse the subdir1 & subdir2 and call their makefiles.
But how do i make final.o from subdir1/final1.o and subdir2/final2.o

Kindly help me with the solution.

Thanks in advance,
Regards,
Sapna