Re: latest mtd changes broke collie

From: Todd Poynor
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 14:39:50 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

[Plus I get a warning from jffs2 that flashsize is not aligned to
erasesize. Then I get lot of messages that empty flash at XXX ends at
XXX.]

The datasheet ref'ed earlier says the chips have a 64KB erase block size, and the sharp driver multiplies that value by an interleave of 4 chips to set the erase size. What erase size is set under the new setup? cat /proc/mtd or set loglevel for KERN_DEBUG at chip probe time. The new code is setting it based on what was read from the CFI query info reported by the chip times the interleave factor (which apparently should be set as 4 after detecting 4 chips if CONFIG_MTD_CFI_I4=y).

--
Todd