Re: Modules are missed while compiling the same version of kernel

From: Neo Jia
Date: Sat Nov 12 2005 - 02:11:02 EST

hi,

I am not sure I describe the problem clearly or I am sending to the correct mailing list. But I think this problem might be just a How-to level question for your, kernel gurus.

Your help will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Neo

Neo Jia wrote:

hi,

Today, I am going to recompile the kernel by adding the support of RTLinux. The current kernel version is 2..6.9-1.677smp (my processor is P4 with HT) from Fedora Core 3. The target new kernel is also the 2.6.9 from www.kernel.org after patching by RTLinux. Everything goes smoothly while building the kernel. But when I check the modules generated by this build, there are a lot of them missed comparing the number of I have from the original Fedora Core 3.

Could you give me any hint about this?

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitions
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!