939 pin Opteron vs. Athlon 64? What's the difference?

From: Marc Perkel
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 19:28:09 EST

OK - I'm confused. What is the difference between an Athlon 64 and a 939 pin Opteron? Or the difference between a 939 pin dual core Athlon and a 939 pin dual core opteron?

I understand that the 940 pin Opterons can be used on multiple processor boards. But I just don't get it about using a single opteron.

Also - while I'm asking - AMD Semprtons now are 64 bit - so what's the difference between a 64 bit Sempton and a 64 Bit athlon?

--
Marc Perkel - marc@xxxxxxxxxx

Spam Filter: http://www.junkemailfilter.com
My Blog: http://marc.perkel.com