Re: IO-APIC problem with 2.6.14-rt9

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 03:21:42 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Grumble. :( I was hoping to submit my tod code to Andrew tomorrow, but
> > this might block that.
>
> hm, ARCH_HAS_READ_CURRENT_TIMER is upstream already. I have not
> measured the udelay thing upstream, but i thought it would have the
> same issue. Does the GTOD code impact this code?

ah, i see - you changed __delay to always be loop-based. That is quite
incorrect.

but i think there is a generic way to solve this: just busy-poll
->read_cycles(). I.e. move __delay into the generic code too. This means
even more architecture-specific code would be consolidated, which is
always good.

Ingo