Re: Serious IDE problem still present in 2.6.14

From: David Ronis
Date: Thu Nov 10 2005 - 22:47:55 EST

I've been busy and have been a bit late responding to this. In short,
have a problem with disk performance on a HP Pavilion laptop in the
2.6.1[34] kernels (it works fine under 2.6.12.x). I've summarized much
of the tests I've run on in a post to linux-kernel and linux-ide (when
we thought it was a problem in the ATIIXP module) at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112802950411697&w=2

After working with Stefan for a bit, we determined that the problem is
in the ACPI modules (in fact setting ACPI=ht at boot fixes it, although
other things seem to break, as described below). Stefan suggested I
repost the bug to the linux-kernel list, and so here it is.

David