Re: typedefs and structs

From: Bernd Petrovitsch
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 05:08:41 EST

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 18:42 -0600, linas wrote:
[ C vs C++ ]
> It fundamentally changes coding style; you'd have to try it on some
> mid-size project for at least a few months or longer to get into the
> mindset. To make it all work, you also have to do other things, like
> avoid mallocs and allocing on stack, which forces major changes of
> style (because of the lifetime of things on stack). If you don't change

The lifetime of the stack is AFAIK the same on C and C++. So there can't
be a significant difference.

> style to go with it, then you'll just end up in debug hell, in which
> case you'd be right: it would be a (very) bad idea.
>
> (Disclaimer: I've moved away from C++ because of all the other
> opportunities for misuse that it offers and encourages.)

You that opportunities in all programming languages - in some more (perl
being probably the leader here), in some less (I don't know one).

Bernd
--
Firmix Software GmbH http://www.firmix.at/
mobil: +43 664 4416156 fax: +43 1 7890849-55