amanda did run 1 time after install

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Nov 09 2005 - 03:10:26 EST

Greetings;

I just had to reboot, it seems that was the only way to fix amanda,
which did not backup this machine tonight due to a lack of comm between
the client and the server.

When I came in and found a very short report on the printer indicating
that only the firewall box had been dumped, the first thing I did was to
su amanda, and amcheck Daily, which reported that amandad was busy on
coyote (this box).

A ps -ea|grep amanda reported that 2 instances of amandad were there,
with one of them defunct.

So I killall amandad. amcheck's client test says coyote isn't
responding, and when I check for amandad's theres two more of them, one
defunct.

So I backup a version to 2.4.5p1-20051024, same story
Then I re-installed the last 2.4.5, same story.

Reinstall the newest one again and reboot to the same, 2.6.14 kernel.
amcheck is now happy.

Does anyone have an idea what happened to my cherrios?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)