Re: Highpoint IDE types

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 17:33:32 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
On Maw, 2005-11-08 at 21:02 +0200, Ville SyrjÃlà wrote:

* HPT372 4 (HPT366) 5 * HPT372N 4 (HPT366) 6 * HPT372 5 (HPT372) 0

^^^^^^

This one is called HPT372A by Highpoint's BIOS/Win drivers.

Also I'm not sure if it's relevant but PCI ID 5 chips use a different
BIOS image than PCI ID 4 chips.

I suspect it is relevant because the "372A" appears to have a different
base clock to the HPT372.

Added to the list.

May we assume that this information was gathered in the interest of something beyond pedantic curiousity? Will this simplify the driver code, improve performance or reliability, etc?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)