[question] I doublt on timer interrput.

From: liyu
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 01:04:50 EST

Hi, all:

I have one question about timer interrupt (i386 architecture).

As we known, the timer emit HZ times interrputs per second,
and in i386. The interrupt handler will call scheduler_tick()
each time (on i386 at least, both enable or disable APIC).

On my Celeron machine(IOW, only one CPU, not SMP/SMT), I defined
a global int variable 'tick_count' in kernel/sched.c, and add one line
of code like follow in scheduler_tick():

++tick_count;

but I found it is not same with content of the /proc/interrupts,
and the differennt between them is not little.
I can not understand why that is.
Any useful idea.

-liyu / NOW~