Re: New Linux Development Model

From: Alistair John Strachan
Date: Sat Nov 05 2005 - 19:28:38 EST

On Saturday 05 November 2005 22:23, Mark Lord wrote:
> Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> > ipw2200 "works" in 2.6.14, it's just the maintainer has opted to use a
> > "stable version" which lacks experimental features while ieee80211 gets
> > up to scratch.
>
> I haven't been able to get it working. Nor does the external one seem
> to work with 2.6.14 -- still stuck on 2.6.13 here, which impacts my ability
> to help with testing of dev kernels.

Well, the in-kernel 1.0.0 works fine here on 2.6.14 (no WPA of course). The
only caveat is that you need to downgrade your firmware if you've been using
1.0.7 (or 1.0.8) prior, which I had and was initially confusing.

Otherwise, I suggest you file a bug report.

--
Cheers,
Alistair.

'No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway.'
Third year Computer Science undergraduate.