Re: Premptible Kernels and Timer Frequencies

From: Felix Oxley
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 06:45:06 EST

AndyLiebman@xxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks again, Steve. That was really well explained. It would be great to hear from Alan too if he has a moment. And it would be great to post all of this on the kernel.org site. I'm sure lots of people are scratching their heads about these new options and information such as this will help people set off in the right direction.

Andy

Andy,

I know it would be cool to get a mail from Linux or AM or AC, but you really have no right to expect an answer from anybody in particular, especially with a reasonably straight forward question of a general nature.

After all if you phone Microsoft to discuss whether you should configure Windows to optimize for foreground or background tasks you don't expect to speak to Bill Gates or Steve Balmer do you?

In my view it is bad form and shows you up when you do this.

BTW, you are top posting again.

(Finally, this may be a cheap shot, but it is possible that posting to LKML with an AOL email address carries some stigma :-)

regards,
Felix

---
I lurk therefore I am