Re: I2C regression in post 2.6.14 gits..

From: Jean Delvare
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 04:42:18 EST

Hi Matti,

On 2005-11-04, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> Specifically, BTTV driver fails to control internal
> I2C devices in Hauppauge WinTV card with Bt848 onboard.

Can you detail how you came up with this diagnosis?

> Baseline 2.6.14 works fine, but 2.6.14-git2 fails.

Can you please try 2.6.14-git1 and 2.6.14-rc5-mm1? This should help us
norrow the faulty patch. Also, please confirm that 2.6.14-git7 still has
the problem.

> Any ideas ? Possible fixes ?

Enable as many debugging as possible, in particular I2C Core debugging
(I2C_DEBUG_CORE=y) in a working kernel and a non-working kernel, and
send both logs for comparison.

Thanks a lot for testing, BTW.

--
Jean Delvare