Re: Parallel ATA with libata status with the patches I'm working on

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Nov 04 2005 - 01:43:57 EST

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 14:54 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> Core Features Fixed
> - Per drive tuning
> - Filter quirk lists
> - Single channel support
>
> And To Add
> - Specify PCI bus speed

Please, do the above such a way that we can have an arch hook for the
bus speed. It's actually not uncommon to have several busses with
different speeds in a machine. In addition, I've seen IDE drivers
calculating based on the bus speed while the HW apparently used a clock
source that didn't necessarily had to be ... PciClk ... Oh well...

> - HPA
> - IRQ mask

Why do we need the above at all ? It always looked to me like a gross
hack but then, I don't fully understand what the problem was on those
old x86 that needed it :)

> AEC62xx
> ATIIXP
> CMD64x
> CY82C693
> IT8172
> NS87415
> OPTI621
> PDC202xx
> SGI IOC4
> SIS5513
> SL82C105
> SLC90E66
> TRM290
> PCMCIA (needs hotplug merge first)

Add ppc/pmac.c but its up to me to do it :)

Ben.