2.6.14: advansys & zd1201 on PowerMac 8500/G3

From: John Mock
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 18:03:51 EST

I've got mixed results with new kernel on PowerMac 8500/G3. Given a
couple of my earlier patches for previous releases, my Advansys SCSI
card is finally showing signs working under 2.6!

Alas, i can't really test it adequately (hence no patch posted) as my
wireless USB dongle (ZD1201) doesn't come up reliably after rebooting
and seems to hang up randomly under interactive use. Unplugging and
then re-plugging it brings it back up, but i can't leave it that way as
the machine also acts as a server. I've not looked at this carefully
yet, and will post more when i have a better understanding of what
might be going wrong with this device.
-- JM