GIT Help (branches and all that stuff)

From: Chris Boot
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 04:10:54 EST

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out a few things using GIT. Mainly, I'd like to run a non-GIT 2.6.14 kernel, but with Jeff Garzik's latest libata patches from his GIT repo. I've tried quite a few things to generate a patch from Jeff's repo that will apply to 2.6.14, but nothing I do generates a working patch. Can someone give me some guidance?

I've tried various iterations of the following:

git diff master..ALL
git diff master..v2.6.14
git diff v2.6.14..master

and various other such iterations. As you can probably tell I don't know much about git, but all the tutorials haven't helped get me a working patch!

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Boot