Re: cpuset - question

From: Sylvain Jeaugey
Date: Thu Nov 03 2005 - 03:33:53 EST

To come back to Randy's original question ...

Cpusets are not - in my view - designed to display the NUMA architecture.
/sys already does this very well (example of a 16 way machine) :
$ ls /sys/devices/system/node/node*
/sys/devices/system/node/node0:
cpu0 cpu1 cpu2 cpu3 cpumap distance meminfo numastat

/sys/devices/system/node/node1:
cpu4 cpu5 cpu6 cpu7 cpumap distance meminfo numastat

/sys/devices/system/node/node2:
cpu10 cpu11 cpu8 cpu9 cpumap distance meminfo numastat

/sys/devices/system/node/node3:
cpu12 cpu13 cpu14 cpu15 cpumap distance meminfo numastat

I think sysfs remains the best way to view your NUMA nodes.

Sylvain