Re: cpuset - question

From: JaniD++
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 16:32:53 EST

Hello,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Jackson" <pj@xxxxxxx>
To: "JaniD++" <djani22@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: cpuset - question

> JaniD++ wrote:
> > [root@dy-xeon-1 cpus_0]# /bin/echo 1 > mems
> > /bin/echo: write error: Numerical result out of range
> > [root@dy-xeon-1 cpus_0]# echo 1 >mems
> > [root@dy-xeon-1 cpus_0]# cat mems
> >
> > [root@dy-xeon-1 cpus_0]# /bin/echo $$ > tasks
> > /bin/echo: write error: No space left on device
>
> I'm guessing you are on a multi-processor, with a single
> memory node, not a NUMA system with multiple memory nodes.
>
> Or, at least, your kernel was compiled for that (with the
> CONFIG_NUMA option disabled).

Yes, this option is disabled.
This is a dual-xeon server with HT.
With HT looks 4 CPU.

In this config i need NUMA option enabled to use cpusets?

I only need to move my 4 gnbd-client process to 4 cpuset, but i don't want
to touch the memory.
This is possible, or need the CONFIG_NUMA=y option?

Thanks

Janos