Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] [2.6-GIT] NTFS: Release 2.1.25.

From: Anton Altaparmakov
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 09:56:32 EST

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 16:48 +0200, Yura Pakhuchiy wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 21:54 +0000, Anton Altaparmakov wrote:
> > > About me, I did not tested this code before, at least because you had
> > > not posted patches to mailing list when you send it to -mm. Sorry, but I
> > > do not have git repository.
> >
> > That is a lame excuse:
> >
> > 1) -mm contains the patch (obviously) as a single file in the split out
> > directory in Andrew's file space on kernel.org (where you would go to
> > download the -mm kernel anyway).
> >
> > 2) If you had told me so I could have either posted the patches or put
> > them somewhere for you... It takes me about 10 seconds to generate them:
> >
> > cd /usr/src/ntfs-2.6-devel
> > git format-patch -n <linus' head>
> >
> > And I get all the patches output to disk...
>
> That was explanation, not excuse. If you want people to test your code,
> you should prepare it in form comfortable for them to test. Sorry, but I
> do not have time for searching where I can download code you need to
> test. I think that many others potential testers do not use git too, and
> link to patch or inlined patches much more comfortable for them.

I guess I just assume that anyone using -mm kernels know where the
patches are (in case you did not know -mm is not in git, it is simple
pathes, one for the whole -mm and then there are broken out patches, so
there is an ntfs patch).

But ok, I will point to patches next time round. (-:

Best regards,

Anton
Linux NTFS maintainer / IRC: #ntfs on irc.freenode.net
WWW: http://linux-ntfs.sf.net/ & http://www-stu.christs.cam.ac.uk/~aia21/