2.6.14 shutdown crash on smp (Badness in send_IPI_mask_bitmask)

From: Geoff
Date: Tue Nov 01 2005 - 04:31:09 EST

I just moved from 2.6.10 to 2.6.14 (both self-compiled from
kernel.org sources)

Machine is smp (Asus VP6 mobo 2 x 1ghz PIII)

In my .config :
CONFIG_PM is not set
CONFIG_ACPI is not set

ACPI is switched off in the bios

In previous kernels I had crashes on shutdown until I put
append="acpi=off"

On "shudtdown -h now" (never on "shutdown -r now") I am
crashing with :

Badness in send_IPI_mask_bitmask at
arch/i386/kernel/smp.c:167

Seems to be the same as problem reported on 10th September
by Frank van Maarseve for 2.6.14 :

2.6.13: Badness in send_IPI_mask_bitmask at arch/i386

Andrew Morton followed up, but I am not sure what the
outcome was.

I will happily supply any further information do tests.

I am not subscribed to the list .. please cc me with any