Re: [patch 3/5] atomic: atomic_inc_not_zero

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 23:33:25 EST

Christoph Lameter wrote:
Maybe it would be best to put a definition of atomic_inc_zero into asm-generic? Its the same for all arches that support cmpxchg.

Yeah, I considered this. But there is a precedent for such duplication,
and as yet there is no common header file. So it does not belong in this
particular patch... not to say it is without merit though.

The arch maintainers I talked to generally didn't think it was a really
pressing issue, so I think I would leave such a consolidation patch for
someone else.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.