Re: [git patches] 2.6.x libata updates

From: Rob Landley
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 21:53:00 EST

On Sunday 30 October 2005 18:58, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Using "git bisect" to generate successive bisections (and then building up
> a linearization patch from that) would work,

I don't suppose I could make puppy eyes at somebody _else_ to bang on git a
bit and try to come up with a proof-of-concept patch? (Say
2.6.14-rc5-bisect.patch?)

I just downloaded the git source snapshot to find out it won't compile without
openssl headers. (Thanks, ubuntu, for stripping out every darn development
header and making them separate things you have to hunt down and install
individually, even though the box actually _has_ whatever darn library it's
complaining about and really couldn't _function_ without it. Sigh.)

Rob

(kynaptic
--install-the-development-headers-for-all-installed-packages-already)