Re: [patch 0/5] HW RNG cleanup & new drivers

From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 13:14:26 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
> On Sunday 30 October 2005 01:23, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>Does anyone know if there is a hardware RNG in my Athlons? XP-2800
>>here, XP-1400 in the shop box, & a K6-III in the firewall.
>

> It's a mainboard feature, not a CPU feature.

And is there a docmentation on how to find which RNG device you have?
Or is there lsrng (like lspci) :-)
Most of the device names I have never heard of, but working with 5+ MB vendors and all the different
models of MB I really have no idea where do I have this and that...

So, any method of autodetecting a RNG device?

And a question, I always wanted to ask: is there a cheap hardware random device usable in linux that
is PCI/USB/serial whatever pluggable? For MBs without RNG in the chipset.

Kalin.
--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+