Re: BIND hangs with 2.6.14

From: bert hubert
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 06:45:41 EST

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 12:36:51PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> [pid 13365] recvmsg(22, 0x561329b0, 0) = -1 EFAULT (Bad address)
>
> Might this be a BIND bug instead? In that case, why doesn't it show up with
> 2.6.11.9? I've restarted BIND now without NPTL, to see if it might be
> thread-related.

Check if the address passed, 0x561329b0, is very different from addresses
passed during regular operations. The error the kernel returns basically
says that this address is bogus, which it might be, but if more or less the
same address worked previously chances are that the kernel is confused

Switching to/from NPTL might very well change the address btw.

Good luck.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services