Re: New (now current development process)

From: Tony Luck
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 20:13:09 EST

On 10/29/05, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But to hit that, we'd might need to shrink the "merge window" from two
> weeks to just one, otherwise there's not enough time to calm down.

The problem with just one week to merge would be if other stuff
happened that ate up the merge period (e.g. this coming week I'm
travelling and will spend all day Tuesday and Wednesday in meetings).

It would be easier to manage if I could be sure which week was going
to be the merge window ... but I know that it is hard to predict when
a release will happen. Overall I'd be much happier sticking with a
two week window.

-Tony