Re: LSI LOGIC I/O Error on 2.6.12.6

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 19:06:22 EST

govind wrote:
Hi,

We are trying to make use of a LSI LOGICS SAS drives in a customized
Linux distribution of 2.6.12.6 kernel version. We are hitting upon an
I/O Error on trying to access the drives. Have anybody faced this
problem?

The following are the details:
sdb: Current: sense key=0x3
ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x0
end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device sdb, logical block 0
SCSI error : <1 0 8 0> return code = 0x8000002
sdb: Current: sense key=0x3
ASC=0x11 ASCQ=0x0
end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device sdb, logical block 0
unable to read partition table

Sense 0x3, ASC 0x11, ASCQ 0x00 seems to be "Unrecovered Read Error". Are you sure that drive for sdb is not faulty?

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx