Re: [patch 0/5] HW RNG cleanup & new drivers

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 17:33:14 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:

I would prefer to let this live in -mm at least for a little while.
Confirmation from AMD, Intel and VIA owners would be really nice, too. AMD and
Intel might be a little bit hard to find. I think Peter Anvin had an Intel
ICH w/ RNG at one time...

I'm just wondering why via/amd/intel end up being one driver. It would seem to be more sensible to have separate drivers for them, since they have no real overlap..

No real reason other than historical. Split up would be my preference.

Jeff