Re: New (now current development process)

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 17:29:29 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> But to hit that, we'd might need to shrink the "merge window" from two
> weeks to just one, otherwise there's not enough time to calm down. With

Please don't. Even the two weeks are too short IMHO, because it is
hard to digest so much code in such a short time and also it is not
always easy for maintainers to hit such short time windows for sending
patches.

> I don't think anybody has been really unhappy with this approach? Hmm?

The long freeze periods were nothing much happens are painful. It
would be better to have some more overlap of merging and stabilizing
(stable does that already kind of, but not enough)

-Andi