Re: SPARC64: Configuration offers keyboards that don't make sense

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Sat Oct 29 2005 - 09:37:40 EST

On Fri, 2005-10-28 21:06:06 -0300, Horst von Brand <vonbrand@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Well, the LK[24]01 was used by DECstations and VAXstations (as well as
> > some VT terminals), you can use it with a simple adaptor on any
> > machine that has a RS232 serial port. For example, I'm using such a
> > keyboard on my Athlon-based PeeCee.
>
> Does it need some kind of "serial keyboard configuration"? Wouldn't that
> make more sense?

Well, on the right hardware, the serio port gets a flag set by the
serial driver that it expects a keyboard on a given port.

On all other hardware, you need to call "inputattach" to do that for
you.

> > > Also, configuring this one gives a non-functional keyboard (the machine is
> > > running, I can log in over SSH, but keypresses have no effect at all).
>
> > Did the serial port register serio ports?
>
> How can I find this out?

/sys/devices/serio*

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O