Re: PPC32 - No IDE/ATA devices on new PowerBook

From: Parag Warudkar
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 18:24:15 EST

On Oct 28, 2005, at 6:56 PM, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

Not yet, I haven't had the machine I ordered yet so I haven't yet had a
chance to investigate/fix the problem. I suppose it's mostly a matter of
adding a new PCI ID to drivers/ide/ppc/pmac.c though.

Ben.

Thanks. I tried 2.4 kernel and to my surprise it detected the IDE/ATA controller! (Although it balked out with errors - read past the end of the device or something...).

Parag