Re: Intel D945GNT crashes with AGP enabled

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 11:49:32 EST

Hi Dave,

> > The problematic part is the Intel AGP module (intel_agp), because if I
> > don't compile it the system works fine. There is an oops coming, but so
> > far I wasn't able to get it out. Does anyone have seen this problem
> > before and have some patches for me to try? Otherwise I need to try to
> > get this oops message.
>
> You never mentioned what kernel you're running.
> If it's a recent -mm, there's an AGP optimisation patch to do less
> frequent TLB flushes, which may be worth backing out.
>
> If you're running mainline, I'm puzzled.

basically I am running mainline, but I also tried your agpgart tree and
both are having problems.

> It'd be useful to see that oops.

I am working on it and actually it is enough to just kill the X process
to crash the system. I saw parts of the oops and it seems that there are
some RCU calls in the backtrace, but this might not help at all. So it
seems that I really need that oops.

Regards

Marcel