Re: NPTL support for 2.4.31?

From: bert hubert
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 00:57:11 EST

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 07:21:32AM +0200, Harald Dunkel wrote:

> Is there some module/patch for kernel 2.4.31 available to
> support NPTL? I know that there is a backport in RH's 2.4.21,
> but obviously it didn't make it into the native 2.4 kernel.

I doubt anybody else would do the work, you'll find that any NPTL patch is
bound to be huge and intrusive. Try running 2.6 if possible. A 2.4 kernel
with NPTL patched in is not going to confer any stability benefits over 2.6.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://netherlabs.nl Open and Closed source services