Re: 2.6.14-rc4-rt7

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 17:32:51 EST

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:01 -0700, William Weston wrote:

> Hi Steven. I think you fixed it!
>
> The xeon-smt box has been up for over 30 minutes with this patch, and no
> warnings as of yet. Also, 'rtc_wakeup -f 1024' is reporting a max jitter
> of 131us (decent for this box considering its hardware induced latencies)
> instead of the >500us jitter seen earlier.
>
> I'll try the patch out on the athlon box (which does mostly audio/midi)
> when I get home.

Yeah, I finally got a machine available that I could run Ingo's RT patch
on. And with out this fix, I get the warning messages with the
following program, and with the fix I don't. So I guess that solves it.

-- Steve

#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>

/* I'm sure there's a compare for this, but I was to lazy to look */
static inline int comparets(struct timespec *a, struct timespec *b)
{
return (a->tv_sec < b->tv_sec) ? -1 :
(a->tv_sec > b->tv_sec) ? 1 :
(a->tv_nsec < b->tv_nsec) ? -1 :
(a->tv_nsec > b->tv_nsec) ? 1 :
0;
}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
struct timespec ts, oldts;
int i;

clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, &oldts);
for (i=0; i < 1000000; i++) {
clock_gettime(CLOCK_MONOTONIC, &ts);
if (comparets(&ts,&oldts) < 0) {
printf("time went backwards from %ld.%09ld to %ld.%09ld\n",
oldts.tv_sec, oldts.tv_nsec,
ts.tv_sec, ts.tv_nsec);
}
oldts = ts;