Re: is rpc_call blocking and wait for reponse before returning tothe caller?

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Thu Oct 27 2005 - 12:03:20 EST

to den 27.10.2005 klokka 12:45 (-0400) skreiv Xin Zhao:
> I am trying to implement a mechanism similar to rpc. So I might want
> to know whether rpc_call return only after it receive response from
> the server.

In newer kernels rpc_call is just a wrapper to rpc_call_sync() which is
the synchronous RPC call interface. That will always wait for a response
from the server before returning if the clnt->cl_soft flag is not set.

For asynchronous operation, there is rpc_call_async().

Cheers,
Trond