Re: [patch 1/1] export cpu_online_map

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 22:55:06 EST

Andrew asked:
> - Why isn't set_cpus_allowed() just a no-op on UP? Or some trivial thing
> which tests for cpu #0?

I don't know.

By scanning random copies of kernels left on my drive, I can see that
it changed from a trivial "return 0" to the more interesting check using
cpu_online_map in one of your "linus.patch" patches in the release
2.6.11-rc1-mm2.

But I don't know how to get to the history at this point to see what
happened.

It looks like Linus started the git history at 2.6.12-rc2.

Could someone clue me in on how to find Linux history BG (before-git)?

Since bk no longer works for me, I have no idea how to access any
history prior to about 2.6.12-rc2. Ugh.

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability