Re: reference code for non-PCI libata complaint SATA for ARM boards.

From: Erik Mouw
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 08:16:22 EST

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 11:28:10AM +0530, Deven Balani wrote:
> But I have a problem my other drivers are 2.4.25 compliant. So it is
> a huge work
> to make all other drivers 2.6 compliant and use libata-core.c.
> I believe it is far more easier to have 2.4.x libata rather than
> porting my drivers to
> 2.6.x.

Porting drivers to 2.6 isn't too hard. LWN has a nice tutorial, see
http://lwn.net/Articles/driver-porting/ .

> What do you suggest me ?

Use 2.6, especially with new hardware. The 2.4 kernel on ARM is no
longer supported, all development has moved to 2.6 almost two years
ago.

Erik

--
+-- Erik Mouw -- www.harddisk-recovery.com -- +31 70 370 12 90 --