__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)

From: salve vandana
Date: Wed Oct 26 2005 - 00:07:25 EST

Hi,

I am getting this VM error on 2.4.28kernel(RAM-768MB,
No Swap and the root file system,whose size is around
300MB is loaded as initrd).
After the error the processes are getting killed and
system is rebooted. I am not understanding why the MM
is trying is allocate pages from HIGH Memory
(gfp=0x1d2/0) when I dont have High memory and the
kernel is also not enabled to support High memory. I
have put the printk's to see how kswapd is woken up to
free unused pages because I dont want to run out of
memory.

Here is log:

try_to_free_pages_zone
try_to_free_pages_zone
try_to_free_pages_zone
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process cp_test
Received SIGCHLDtry_to_free_pages_zone
cp_test exited (PID = 213).Invalid TFTP URL for
exporting crash-dumps...
__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1f0/0)
ry_to_free_pages_zone
try_to_free_pages_zone
try_to_free_pages_zone

Thanks,