Re: Information on ioctl32

From: James Hansen
Date: Mon Oct 24 2005 - 03:58:58 EST

Thanks for the info.

From what they say over on lwn.net, I need to apply a patch, but my current kernel (debian for amd64) is already trying to call it ioctl32.

Problem is, the kernel headers don't seem to have an entry in the file_operations struct for compat_ioctl. Does anyone know if there's any other place (struct) I should be looking to put this function?

I thought it a bit odd that the prebuilt default kernel is trying to call this function, but the headers for this kernel don't seem to allow me to insert it into the fops struct.

Thanks,

James