Re: 2.6.14-rc3-rt10 crashes on boot

From: John Rigg
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 14:17:00 EST

On Friday, October 7 Steve Rostedt wrote:

>Add this patch and it will add the option for you in x86_64 (I forgot that
>you were using that). I even set it to be default on. I didn't add a test
>in do_IRQ, but I believe that the tests in latency.c should be good
>enough.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the patch. I applied it to 2.6.14-rc3-rt12, looked in
arch/x86_64/Kconfig.debug just to be sure it applied OK to -rt12,
then ran make. It failed to compile, with the following message:

CC kernel/rt.o
CC kernel/latency.o
kernel/latency.c: In function '__print_worst_stack':
kernel/latency.c:336: warning: format '%d' expects type 'int', but argument 5 has type 'long unsigned int'
kernel/latency.c:384:3: error: #error Poke the author of above asm code line !
kernel/latency.c: In function 'debug_stackoverflow':
kernel/latency.c:386: error: 'STACK_WARN' undeclared (first use in this function)
kernel/latency.c:386: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
kernel/latency.c:386: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [kernel/latency.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

I wonder if DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW was left out of x86_64 for this reason.

John